Since we have started down the path to a more healthy, clean lifestyle, our family has been using less chemicals in everything that we eat and put on our bodies.
I was quite unpopular when I left the kid’s lotion at a nail salon a few weeks back. I decided that this was my opportunity to try this recipe and do something even better for the whole family.
The process was quite simple and took very little time. The result was awesome! Goodbye store bought lotions! You suck!
Luxurious Homemade Lotion RecipePrep time 15 mins
Luxurious homemade ultra-rich lotion with natural oils, beeswax and shea butter.Author: Wellness MamaRecipe type: BeautyIngredientsInstructions
- Combine ingredients in a pint sized or larger glass jar. I have a mason jar that I keep just for making lotions and lotion bars, or you can even reuse a glass jar from pickles, olives or other foods.
- Fill a medium saucepan with a couple inches of water and place over medium heat.
- Put a lid on the jar loosely and place in the pan with the water.
- As the water heats, the ingredients in the jar will start to melt. Shake or stir occasionally to incorporate. When all ingredients are completely melted, pour into whatever jar or tin you will use for storage. Small mason jars (8 ounce) are great for this. It will not pump well in a lotion pump!
- Use as you would regular lotion. This has a longer shelf life than some homemade lotion recipes since all ingredients are already shelf stable and not water is added. Use within 6 months for best moisturizing benefits.
NotesA little goes a long way! This lotion is incredibly nourishing and is also great for diaper rash on baby, for eczema and for preventing stretch marks!